Apply for a Library Card
Library Card Front Library Card Back
Who can get a library card?
First time library cards will be issued free of charge to the following people:
- Must be16 years of age or older.
- Individuals younger than 16 must have a parent or legal guardian to complete application process.
- Must live within the boundaries of Jefferson County, AR (ie. Pine Bluff, White Hall, Altheimer, Redfield, etc.).
- Must have property or own a registered business within the boundaries of Jefferson County, AR.
- Must have primary ID: Arkansas Drivers Licence or Arkansas ID card.
- Must have secondary ID: Utility bill, phone bill, Jefferson County Tax assessment/bill, car registration, or a personal checkbook.
- If under the age of 16, parent(s) or legal guardian(s) is/are willing to take full responsibility for the card.
Non-resident or Visitor?
- Some Arkansas residents may qualify to join the Gateway Project via the Arkansas State Library. See if you qualify here.
- If you are not eligible to join the Gateway Project, you must pay a $10 yearly non-resident fee per person, which allows you to check out no more than two items at any given time.
How can I apply for a Library Card?
- Fill out an application at any of our libraries [ Library Hours & Locations ]
What can I do with my Library Card?
- Check out library materials such as books and DVDs
- Request an item to be shipped to your local library
- Track your reading history
- Pay fines online
- Create your own booklists
- Suspend or freeze your hold on an item
- Download and stream ebooks and music
- Reserve computer time for internet access and print jobs
- Access our databases, online newspapers, business directories, and other specialized content.
- Replacement Library Card costs $4. The person must be in the integrated library system with no fines or fees owed to get a replacement card.